Tuesday, June 8, 2010

What would you do...

I wanted to post this yesterday, but the Blogger site was down so it had to wait til today.

What do you do when there's a squirrel in your toilet?

I wish I had a punchline for you. As my friend Sarah says - there's a nut joke in there somewhere.

Remember that scene in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation where the squirrel jumps out of the Christmas tree in their living room? Well, yesterday one jumped out of our toilet. We are thinking that the stupid guy came up through air trap thing, couldn't turn around and just kept going. He surprised John the next morning.

I was downstairs fixing breakfast and I saw him heading back upstairs with a big box and a laundry basket. I gave him a funny look and all he said was "You don 't want to know."

A couple minutes later he comes running down the stairs with a blanket yelling "Open the door! Open the door!" We go out on the back porch, he shakes out the blanket and we hear a THUD, followed by a little squirrel running for his life.

Reason #7681 I love John - he will wrestle live squirrels so I don't have to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like one heck of an experience...did the kids see this?....I still have never heard of a squirrel coming thru the toilet, a snake yes, but either one would have made me freak out. John all I got to say is you are quite the MAN catching that thing...good job...

Janet

Anonymous said...

That made my day! I know that it my have ruined yours, but boy it made me laugh out loud. John you are the man!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Having trouble leaving comment Hope everyone dosen't have to read this It is a test!Hahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

whoooooooooooohoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!I figured it out. Sucessful learning lesson for today G Lyla.