Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

I wanted to get our pumpkin carved last weekend, but we didn't get to it. It was nicer to lay around and not do anything. Well, we were busy with yard work too - had our last fire of the season to burn up brush and sticks that had been cut down. This time, no mosquitoes!!

On Wednesday afternoon, the kids and I gutted the poor pumpkin and cleaned it out so that it would be ready for John to carve when he got home. Again, Will would NOT stick his hand in, but Katie dove right in. John carved a happy face and a scary face into the pumpkin. Then the lights were shut off, pumpkin was lit, music turned on and the kids danced and danced. (I guess Katie remembers last year we turned the lights off and her and Will danced and sang in the dark. It's a tradition she was bent on keeping.)



The only way Will would help was with his LOOONG spoon.




Molly seemed to like the pumpkin as she managed to get hersolf into every picture taken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Cute kids. Halloween is that close? Oh my.

M.

Anonymous said...

I put the "gross" check because pumpkin insides are gross! I'm with Will give me the LONG spoon!

Denise

Anonymous said...

I so agree with Denise on this one.,..but I love roasted pumpkin seeds....yummy.....

Janet