Thursday, May 15, 2008

Finally...

Warmer weather has finally arrived and we actually made it outside today to enjoy it. This morning before we took Katie to school we hit a couple garage sales in the area and I found a baby swing for Will to use outside on the swing set. I also found a small slide for him (and Katie.)





With Katie's help (not much of it) we planted the garden this afternoon while Will took a nap. We planted green beans, peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, a little corn, some marigolds and assorted wild flowers. Whew. That was enough. I want to get a couple tomato plants yet, but that will come this weekend probably.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lokks to me like they don't enjoy ourdoors! Hahahahahaha Will can sit by the door or window now and and know what it means to get out. i am painting and cleaning and going thru junk so best keep going hope to be done by next Saturday. Love Ya, Grandma Lyla

Anonymous said...

I would recommend Roma tomatoes - and I'd get John a green pepper plant or two. Who knows - there might be a pepper eater in the next generation too.
Grandma Mary

Deb said...

Sounds good Mary - I'll pick those up today and get them in the ground!

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I can't WAIT to try your tomatoes and a green pepper from the Pladsen garden. I'm growing a couple tomato plants from seed right now and am probably going to get a couple tomato plants to supplement whatever I get from those. :) When did we become such green thumbs?

I'm reading a new book on container gardening - I'll send you the title ... it's pretty neat.