Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lawnmower

John and I mowed the lawn for the first time this afternoon. We split it in half and each did a share. First, I must send a BIG thank you out to my dad. In all my years growing up he never made me mow lawn. :) That's what the baby of the family gets away with. I did mow a bit on the riding lawn mower, but it's not the same. I think John almost fell over when I admitted to him a few years back that I had never mowed lawn before. So now I can say I did it today - for the second time in my life. :) It sucks. But that's the price you pay for having warm weather. I think it's a pretty fair trade...for now. We are probably the youngest on our street, so it'd be pretty pathetic for us to use a riding lawn mower. I guess I'll have to suck it up and chalk it up as my exercise for the week. So for now, my green shoes and I say good night.

3 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I adore you to know end, because as the baby of the family I never had to shovel snow until this winter so I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! Ryan wasn't too surprised though when I told him that I had never shoveled snow - he just kind of figured that out by himself.

Anonymous said...

I always mowed the lawn, I cannot believe you never done it before, it takes me an hour and a half to mow ours, me and Jeff take turns, I think I would rather mow the yard than shovel snow,
by the way how did you do?? did you do it right or not.
Love ya,
Janet
ps you sure did get away with everything, being the middle kid and all I think I got ripped off, I had to make my own money, etc.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the accomplishment (you can decide what meaning to put on that)... here, the lawn mower doesn't come out til the corn planter gets put away-- which might be a while...

Jim