Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where does the time go?

I meant to post about this past weekend and the days have just gotten away from me! My sister Denise and her daughter, Sarah, came to stay with us for the weekend. They spent a few hours at the Mall of America and then came and had a 'slumber party' with Katie. I think Sarah was more tired than Katie by the time they went home on Sunday. (Hope you had fun at your first day of 10th grade today Sarah!)

This morning, Katie is at her last camp for the summer. We are leaving to go on vacation up north to the Brainerd area tomorrow through Monday. And next Tuesday we will head south to IA to spend a week with family. If these next 12 days don't kill me, I think I can survive anything. :)

Katie is very excited to go on vacation and play on the beach. They also have kids' golf clubs that you can rent so we'll try that out on a short course. (Note to self...don't forget the camera.) I think most of all Katie and Will are excited about spending some time with Dad. He's had a few late nights and had to work this last weekend so Katie has been missing him. This morning John had to leave early and the kids weren't up yet. John went out the door, and I was planning on laying down for a little bit yet. I heard the garage door open, and then I heard Katie through the monitor. "My Daddy!! My Daddy!! It's not fair!!" Ok, scratch laying down. :)

On a side note - Will is walking more and more. As I type I just saw him walk about 5 feet on his own. Lord help us.



One on Will's favorite games is to play 'train' with Katie. He holds on to her and walks behind.


Peek-a-boo!

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I'll be thinking of you Deb ... and don't dread vacation - I just saw the "Jon & Kate Plus 8" episode where they take their twins and sextuplets on vacation for a week. If they can do it - you can do it. :)

Don't forget your camera! And come see me - I have a flower girl dress for your daughter in the backseat of my car!

Anonymous said...

Sarah and I had a great time at your place over the weekend and really appreciate you letting us crash there :) Sarah made the comment on the way home that she forgot how much those 2 wear her out! Kinda funny that a 1 yr old and 4 yr old can get the best of a teenager :) We will probably try to do this again before the snow flies if you are willing to put up with us again, but no feeding us we can eat on our own! Have fun on vacation and when Katie comes down her and Sarah can watch Hanna Montana concert -- bought video last night.

Denise