Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Time to Move On

We've decided that it's time to move on to a new computer. "Oh, is that all" you say. Now, now, a lot of thought has been put into this, and a LOT of waiting at the mercy of our computer. Our dear computer is about 8 years old and I think we've put it to good use. It still works ok - just can't handle all the tasks we need it to do. We got this computer before digital cameras were in use, before MP3 files were everywhere, before digital videos were popular, before KIDS!

Hopefully by Friday I will make a decision on a unit and get it hooked up. I figured I better get some posts in before then so that you wouldn't miss us too much.

My friend, Jamie, and I went to the movie My Sister's Keeper on Saturday. Heard it was a tearjerker, but we figured we would both be all right since we had read the book. WRONG! Ten minutes in and I'm reaching for the tissues. The water works didn't stop til about 10 minutes from the end. A very touching story. Thanks to Jamie for being my date.

Sunday John and I took the kids to a community center a few towns over. The Welcome Wagon had given us a family pass to use their when we moved in so we thought we'd check it out. It had a heck of a kid's pool and Will and Katie had a great time. Katie could touch because it never got deeper than 3 feet and Will liked it because it was zero entry. Thanks to Katie's swimming lessons she can put her face in the water now without screaming about it. She can bob her head under too - although just above her eyes. Close enough. She has 3 swimming lessons left and will be VERY sad when they are over.

On Monday I had to turn in Katie's immunization paperwork for kindergarten. While we were there we played on Katie's new kindergarten playground to make sure that it would work. Will seemed to think it would be just fine for him too.



I don't think I need to tell you how excited Will was to find a TRACTOR there to play with.


Ah, peace. Each in their own space...each with the same toy.

I don't think you can see it in the pictures, but Will took a header over the weekend on the cement patio out back. John said when he saw Will fall he was sure that there was going to be some teeth loose, but it seems Will's nose broke his fall. He had quite a scrape on his nose and upper lip, but it's almost gone now. Didn't cry much - wanted to keep playing.

In trying to keep the kids busy tonight, John weighed each of them. In THIS corner we have the great Katie Lady weighing in at 36 pounds...and in the other corner, her challenger, the Willie Man, weighing in at 30 pounds! A 6 pound difference. I found that humorous. Will goes in for his 2 year check up tomorrow to log in his 'official' weight. We're glad his vocabulary has started to pick up. Shouldn't be any surprises.

No comments: