Thursday, February 2, 2012

Nap time....

Ahhh, it's nap time right now for the little one that I watch.  My oldest is at school and my son is having some computer time.  I am supposed to be working out, but have chosen The People's Court and a can of pop over that....for now. 

Even though the weather has been very cooperative, I haven't gotten outside to run 3+ miles since around New Years.  I have gotten back into the treadmill, but only 2-3 miles at a time.  It's all I can muster to do in the basement.  I feel good about the upcoming running season though and my races that I want to do. 

So far on my "want to do" list is.....
- a 5k in May for "Get Your Rear in Gear" - a colon cancer coalition event.
      "We are sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers and friends who have been affected by colon cancer and want to do something. Some of us are colon cancer survivors while others are those who work to honor those lost to this disease. We are a coalition that has formed 5K's and other events in cities across the country, working together with health care providers, corporations and the media, to encourage people to "Get Your Rear in Gear" and talk about colon cancer with their doctor, their loved ones and everyone they know. Together, we will positively impact this disease."  A bunch of us are running in honor of a friend who passed away from this last year.

- a 10k the day BEFORE the above race. :)  It'll just be a moving kind of weekend.

- possible a 5k in May for a fundraiser I did last year....they had a good t-shirt last year.

- the 5 mile race in July for Hopkins Raspberry Festival....IF the temperature is below 100 degrees....ok 90.....ok 85. 

- a YWCA sprint triathlon......swimming/biking/running.  Which one of those is the MOST dangerous? :)  For me anyway....  But I can do it.

- and probably the Ragnar Relay.  WHAT is that, you ask??? 

From their website......
"JOIN THE RAGNAR NATION: A 2 day party in a van with a side of running.
Ragnar Great River is a unique team event that combines running with a traveling party, scenic views, smelly vans, and lasting memories. Ragnar Great River is for everyone, from the novice runner to the 10x marathoner.
Starting in the beautiful river town of Winona, runners will encounter challenging terrain and beautiful scenery as they run ‘up river’ along the Mississippi, ending in Minneapolis with a finish line party worthy of 200 miles of stamina, courage and teamwork."

Basically a team of 12 take turns running legs of a 200 mile race from Winona to Minneapolis....through the day and night.  You catch some shut eye in the van while you can. :)  We are trying to get together an all female team.  In theory it sounds like fun.  Thankfully we have marathoners on our team who are already assigned the longest legs. 

So that's that.  Oh, and quite soon I plan to run outside.....one a beach.....next to crystal blue water.....in 70+ degree weather........

No comments: