Sunday, June 17, 2012

8 Years Old!

Today is Katie's birthday!  Wow.  8 Years old.  It's getting serious now.  I had read that at age 8, girls usually experience their first surge of hormones that can suddenly bring on growth spurts and mood swings.  I think she started that already.  The mood swings, anyway.  Although we always see that around her birthday.   Will usually gets difficult at the half year mark.  At least they're on different rotations.

Our plans for today....Happy Joe's.  We've invited some family and are going to have some pizza and ice cream in true Happy Joe's form.  I was told (I don't really remember) that when I was about 4 or 5....we went to Happy Joe's for my birthday.  All was well until they brought out the free ice cream.  That's the point where they turn on the siren which fills the restaurant and the whole staff gets everyone to sing Happy Birthday while the birthday child stands on their chair.  I. Was. Mortified.  I told my family to NEVER sing that song again and each time we went to Happy Joe's I made sure that they were NOT going to pull that again. 

It's time to pass along that feeling of embarrassment.  Ahhh, tradition.  Be ready for pictures this time.

No comments: