Monday, April 15, 2013

Quite an example of love, courage and strength

I've only been following this blog for a couple of days.  A friend brought it to my attention last week and I thought I would share it with you.  WARNING:  Reading this WILL cause tears.....sobs even. 

I'm watching coverage of the Boston Marathon explosions too - this is crazy.  Also putting me on more of an emotional edge.  I can listen to it....but if I go watch it, I get too upset. 

Here's a link to this mother's blog. 
http://www.kateleong.com/

Her name is Kate.  Her son Gavin has had many health struggles including contracting botulism and being diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. However, he has overcome many obstacles that the medical community deemed impossible. 
Her son, Gavin, passed away yesterday and this mother (it also happened to be her birthday) has the strength to write about it and share her son with others.  Literally.  Gavin's organs are being donated, and they've found a match for his liver already - a 3 year old boy in Texas. 

Anyway, read if you can - even if it's only for a few minutes.  Yeah, I got about 2 minutes in and had to take a break.  It's very powerful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the blog. Very interesting and very well done. So unfair that so much tragedy is visited on one family. Though sometimes I think God does that so he doesn't affect even more families.

m.