Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Almost birthday-eve

Tomorrow is Will's birthday eve.  We've had a countdown going for over 2 weeks now, so we are all a little excited to have it so close.  Thanks to Will's science camp, I got the presents wrapped.  Stay tuned for pictures. 

I was able to get out and do a semi-normal run yesterday with the dog.  He can go about 2-3 minutes and then I can tell he needs to walk.  But his legs are so darn long that my jogging pace is just his quick walking pace, so I think he can go farther when it isn't so hot.  If it's too hot tomorrow for him I may go alone and just walk him in the afternoon.  And the previous "commenter" is right - a dog walk certainly counts as exercise - especially in this heat.  But I don't reach that euphoric "high" that I get when I run for more than 20 minutes.  It's that "high" that kicks my bad energy in the butt.  I almost get there yesterday, but then cut it short in order to have a nice conversation with the neighbor across the street who was out walking.  That was a mood lifter on it's own too.

Today it rained this morning and that squashed our chances at getting out at all.  Swimming lessons started today.  Katie is on Level 3 - they had them jump off the diving board - without goggles (gasp!).  That's a first for Katie.  This is a Level that will be a good challenge for her.  Will is on Level 1, and I think he can do most of the things required of that level, except the back float.  His challenge will be listening. :)  But that goes for all of us.

No comments: