Monday, July 8, 2013

New content

Ok - you want new content?

Here it is.  It's hot, it's humid and we are busy. :)

Will started science camp today.  It will be good for him to have to pay attention to a teacher for 3 hours a day again.  We start swimming lessons tomorrow.  The kids have gotten so much better at swimming - I'm very proud.  I tell people all the time that Katie and I are pretty much at the same level right now.  After this round of lessons I have a good feeling that she will surpass me.

I'm (trying) to work away like a busy little bee.  It is VERY difficult to keep the kids off the tv, iPad, and iPod during the 3-4 hours I try to work each morning.  Either I let them have an hour of that or I continually deal with getting interrupted every stinking 5 minutes.  This morning I have told Katie that if she lets me work for a bit, she can have the iPad while I take Hans for a jog/walk.

That's another thing - I haven't been running. At. All.  First of all, it's way hot.  But that doesn't really work for an excuse because I used to get up at 6:30 to run in the summer.  I was awake this morning very early and thought about it - but that didn't last too long.  It's fairly cool right now so I guess I better go do it.  It's hard to run with the dog yet - I'd still rather go by myself, but I don't have the time or opportunity to take him on a half hour walk and then come back and do a half hour by myself too.
I know that the exercise will help improve my mood and self image - it always does.  Damn it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update!
I think dog walks count for exercise - of course to a runner, nothing is as good as running.
I'm sitting in the shady part of the deck - just entertained a hummingbird that came to visit the geranium blooms.
M.