Saturday, December 1, 2007

Winter Wonderland

We got our first measurable snowfall today - as most of the upper Midwest did. After lunch, we bundled up the kids and went out to play for a while. Will and I lasted about 90 seconds, while John and Katie lasted about 10 minutes. :) Here are some pictures of the kids in the snow.







John also took on both of the kids last night while I split for the evening. I met my friend Shelley in Rochester and saw my brothers band, County Road. It was a fun night without the kids. I was greeted this morning by Katie. When I asked her if she had fun with Dad, she said "I wasn't very nice to Dad." This usually means that she didn't listen and basically tried to do whatever she felt like. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's kind of hard to say for sure, but Kate looks less happy in photo 3 than 2-- as if she's thinking "it was prettier on the other side of the window"

Will just looks shocked-- "where did the green go?"

out of curiosity, where did the band play in Rochester?

Jim

Deb said...

Jeff's band played at Shar's Country Palace. It was on the VERY south side of Rochester out in the boonies, nice little dive. And yes, Katie did get cold pretty fast, but she is taking to the snow MUCH better than years past. She likes to fill up her bucket with snow, bring it inside and see it melt. I said, let's bring ALL the snow in so that it would melt and go away - neither her nor John went for that.

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I'm so glad that you came down and we got to go to Shar's Country Bunker! I was and still am very impressed by the band. I'm glad we got to hang out on Friday - it was like old times without the hangovers.