Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

After John carved our wall, we thought he was on a roll. After supper he set to work on the pumpkins.

Katie got into it this year, actually happy about sticking her hand in the pumpkin to pull out the insides. Will...not so much.


In the beginning, Will was all set to join in.

And then when he saw what Katie was pulling out...not so much.

John carved a 'happy' face and a 'scary' face - one of our traditions. We also roasted the pumpkin seeds - another of our traditions. A little oil, salt and mmmm...yummy.








Speaking of traditions, I think I'm gonna start a new one this year. Underwear and socks for Christmas presents. When I was little I got underwear every year til I was like 15. I swear it was SO embarrassing! It's time to pass that warm fuzzy feeling on. I was thinking it would be good timing to give Will his first pair and see what he thinks. I don't think we'll give Santa Claus credit for these gifts. Who wants some creepy old white haired guy giving you underwear?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Willy, that stuff is sticky, and yucky, I was never a fan of that as an adult, not so sure as a kid, it is gross. Good job Katie you have a lot of guts to get out the "guts". hahahaha,.

Janet

Anonymous said...

jeez! john can carve a mean pumpkin! those are way good!

sarah