Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spicing it up

This summer during my garage sale-ing adventures I had found a sweatshirt for Katie for $.50. It was dark blue, and yes, probably intended for a boy...at least that's what she was convinced of.


I had tried to get her to wear it a couple times and it was a struggle. She made it clear that she would NOT be wearing it to school. I suggested trying to decorate it, and she seemed open to that.


So I bought $2 worth of iron on transfers and had Katie help me in deciding where to put them on her shirt. Those transfers were WAY easier than I expected, and while they may not last forever...they only need to last long enough for Katie to start liking the sweatshirt.




The front...


...and because I had extra - the back.


There may be more projects like this in our future...it was fun and easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Who would of thought you were so creative!