Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Great day for a picnic

Today is just about the perfect day to have a picnic. Good thing we have one scheduled. Some friends are getting together at a nearby park for lunch and play. We couldn't have ordered a more perfect day.

Tomorrow John's brother, Jim, is coming up to go to a Twins game - sounds like it'll be a good evening for outdoor baseball as well. Better than last night anyway - we had thunder and rain, which was very welcome because it cooled off the air enough so we could all sleep.

Got a lot of summer activities scheduled yesterday. Katie and Will are doing some morning camps at My Gym. They will both go from 9:30 to about noon, giving me a couple mornings completely free to just twiddle my thumbs, if I so choose.

They are each doing a week long camp at church as well. Katie's is a music camp, and Will's is vacation bible school. We'll see how he does in an organized group setting...I probably won't stray too far for the first few days.

And then I'm hoping to get them each into some swimming lessons, just haven't nailed down the days yet. Between all that and the free activities offered through the library and rec center, I think we have something every week. It will really help us keep a schedule through out the summer and not 'break the bank.'

It's odd how you have to schedule 3 months worth of actives all at once - no wonder the summer goes by so fast, right? However, if I don't - things fill up too fast and then we'll be stuck just going to the park every day. That may sound great, but around day 42....it gets old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so organized. It's one of the many things I admire about you.
M.