Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy May!

It's May! This is the time of year we start expecting nice weather. Hmmm...here in Minnesota we've had nice weather for the past 2 months, really. Now I'm spoiled and getting sick of ONLY 60 degree days. I want some 75-80 degree days. Considering it's snowed in May before, I should probably shut up.

This past weekend my sister, Denise and niece Sarah stayed with us for a night. Sarah is college shopping and considering the University of MN. If any of you remember Sarah, you're probably thinking "What is she doing looking at colleges? She's only 10!" Sorry, she's almost 17.

Saturday night John and I and the kids went to our friends' Wade and Donna's house. It was Wade's birthday party and they had invited people over for food and drinks. I find it funny that out of about 15-20 people in their 30's, we are the only one with kids. Guess they didn't drink the Kool-Aid. Katie and Will charmed everyone, played Wii and had a good night.

On a much less exciting point, I updated our computer to Windows 7. Not sure why, other than I got the update for free. The only thing I know it does differently is that thing they show on TV where you can have 2 windows open and snap them into place on the side of the screen so you can see both of them at the same time. Seemed like a lot of work just for that....there MUST be something else too.

I wish I had a picture for today. I had the PERFECT opportunity yesterday and forgot. The four of us went for our first bike ride as a family of 4. John pulled Katie on her tandem bike that hooks to the back of his and I pulled Will behind me in his "cart". I made it up all the hills, except for one. UGH! I was so close! :) My excuse was that the wind was blowing the wrong way.

No comments: