Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Piano recital

Last week Katie did a piano camp.  75 minute lessons for 5 days.  Looking back, they really covered a lot.  There were about 7 kids in the class, all about the same skill level.  She learned all the notes on the staff, where the notes were on the piano, and songs to play with both hands.  She also learned how to draw a treble clef.....I was easily 15 before I learned how to draw those things.

She got a piano book, and is very excited to come back and play on Grandma Mary's piano and Grandma Lyla's keyboard.....so be ready.

In the meantime, here's a clip of her piano recital she gave on the last day of class.  Keep in mind, she's playing for the other 7 students, but also their parents and grandparents.  I spose there was 20 people in the room, and she wasn't nervous at all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez now I will have to bone up on my playing so she don't pass me !!! hahaha But she will!!!!!! good for you Katie !!!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Lyla is going to have to dust off the keyboard!!

Denise

Katie said...

Way to go Katie!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait. Meant to ask John about the camp when we talked the other day.

Anonymous said...

Great job Katie....sounded really good. watch out Grandma Lyla you have competition.....


Janet