Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Do you realize....

Do you realize that I have been outside more in the past 4 weeks than I have probably all winter most years?  I know that is sad and pathetic, but I really detest winter - actually, I just detest being cold.    And here I am, taking the dog for a walk - 3 times a day most days.  (The weekends are more like 2....and sometimes John will do 1.)  But I would say I've gone on 50 walks in the past month.  Granted, they are pretty short - 15-30 minutes, but a few have been over 40.  Hans is getting better on the leash.  I had developed a blister last week and it ripped open on one walk - ouch.  But I realized today that my hands don't hurt and my shoulder doesn't hurt as much when I correct his pulling habit.  AND I realized that I don't mind being outside.  Let me rephrase...I don't mind being outside as long as I have my snow pants, boots, scarf, gloves (double layer) and warm coat. :) 

Now, don't ask me how much I've run in the last 4 weeks.  (3 miles.....I think I'm gonna have to start all over again.  Oh well.)

No comments: