Monday, December 3, 2012

The tree...

We put up our Christmas tree this weekend.  And it's big.  It's big and great.  I'm pretty sure it's the biggest tree that we've gotten since we've been doing "real" trees.  I spose it's 7 feet tall and would take 2 people to get their arms around it.  Luckily, thanks to the kids making ornaments over the past 8 years, we have enough decorations to fill it quite nicely.

You'll notice there's gifts under there already....
Be ready Grandma Mary, Grandpa Hanson and Grandma Lyla -
the kids got your shopping done already!
 
No you're all asking what about Hans....is he leaving the tree alone?  Well....Molly is leaving the tree along.  Is that enough? :)  Honestly, he isn't too bad.  He hasn't tried to pee on it yet...only chew on some branches.  Maybe they'll improve his breath.
 
Remember Katie and I tried out for the church musical a few weeks ago?  Well they e-mailed the cast list to us today!  Katie is a "townsperson".  She will sing 3 songs and be in 5 scenes.  All of the other "named" parts went to junior high/high school kids or adults.  (Which I knew they would.)  Katie is happy with her part because that means she gets to watch the scenes inside the chocolate factory.  She also thinks it's funny that I got cast as "Ms. Teavee."  I'm the mother of "Mike Teavee" the kid who wins the Golden Ticket and gets shrunk by Willy Wonka's invention.  He's the last kid to get into trouble inside the factory - which means I'm onstage for kind of a long time.  It's the biggest part I've ever gotten in a play and I'm pretty excited about it. :)  I listened to one of the songs I have to sing, and there are some (GULP) solo parts.   I also read a bit about the character online and I think I know why I got the part:
 
"Ms. Teavee is a take on all television moms of the distant past. Think June Cleaver (Leave it to Beaver) or Marion Cunningham (Happy Days) or even Carol Brady (The Brady Bunch). She's perfectly put together and a bit vacant. She sings "I See It All On TV" but does not require a polished voice."


A vacant mom with an un-polished voice?  Um, YEAH! :)

Rehearsals start in January....I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty tree!!!
Can someone shake my present for me?

Congratulations on the play parts. As far as I'm concerned you are not vacant - at all.

m.

Hi to everybody for me.