Thursday, November 15, 2007

The shot heard round the world

Today was flu shot day for the Pladsen girls. Katie and I got our shot this afternoon. First, I picked Katie up at school and had packed a lunch for us to have a picnic at school. I didn't think we would have time to go home and eat lunch. Katie was pretty excited about that, but then I explained what we were going to be doing and it wasn't too fun. We got to the dr. and she was fine. I went first - she watched, and no big deal. Then she got her shot in her leg so it wouldn't hurt as much, and boy did she scream! Of course she got a sticker and we hung around the waiting room til the crying had stopped and to make sure there wasn't going to be a reaction since this is my first flu shot.
Then I had to deal with the drama of a 3 year old girl. Anyone that knows Katie knows that she can be a little dramatic. So now her leg is broken just like dad's. (By the way, John's knee is dong much better!) She has to limp and says that we have to put ice on her leg. (Even though the leg that she wants ice on isn't the leg she got the shot in!) So I'm sure in a couple hours all will be well again....that is if the mail comes. I promised her I would have a surprise movie for her and Netflix is supposed to deliver a new Care Bears movie today. Let's hope they come through.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, at least she didn't ask you to cut the crutches down to size...

Jim

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I'm laughing my butt off over here. Go Katie. :-) Just don't pierce her ears, you'll have to ask my mom sometime how that went when I was the tender age of four. I think the woman who was in charge of piercing said ears is still having problems with her hearing.

Deb said...

HA! Ear piercing? That'll be the day. :) As far as the crutches go - she DID say at first that she wanted some her size, but now she would rather someone hold her hand and help her walk EVERYWHERE! It's getting tiresome...

Anonymous said...

You don't have John in the other hand, helping *him* walk, do you?

That would get weird...

Jim

Anonymous said...

That is about the funniest thing I have read in a long time, poor Katie, welcome to motherhood, it will get better hahaha. so I guess asking how the shot went is out of the question, I bet if John was not limping she would not be either. Tell her Janet says her love, and kisses.
I am still laughing,
ps, glad you took yours well.
Janet

Anonymous said...

happy sunday night - from down south.
no big news. nice fire. elm from the other place.
see you soon.