Monday, November 5, 2007

Wild weekend

Not too long ago, a 'wild weekend' would have meant something else. This past weekend was a wild blur because we were running around pretty much every second of the days. Thank goodness we found an extra hour with daylight savings time.

John is getting better slowly. It's not happening as fast as he would like, but each day is better than the one before it. He starts physical therapy today. My mom was with us through Saturday and was a big help. The kids and I took her back down to Rochester Saturday, and I met some friends for lunch.

On Sunday we met another friend in the cities visiting for the weekend. I think we have had our fill of malls for the time being. :) Katie also got to see Barney Sunday morning. He was in town at the local toy store celebrating his 20th birthday. Guess he shares his birthday with brother Jeff, a.k.a. 'Bubba.' (Happy late 39th birthday Jeff!)

So here is a picture of us with Barney. I think even Will got a kick out of the big guy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture! Yes I haven't slowed down yet either. Got back to work when thought I had to work till 7-- Well guess what til 11:00 in Huba. They told me when I got to store. Just a bit p.o'ed.Made it thru tho. By the way tell Katie not to wear my cowboy boots. Ha ha, ha. That's right they are in the closet!! Later, Mom

Deb said...

Yeah - I saw them yesterday...thought about taking a picture of Katie in them and sending you a ransom picture. :)

Anonymous said...

katie looked like she enjoyed barney, I cannot believe you even had your picture taken with the purple dinosar, but you looked as if you enjoyed it to, I probably would have also, glad you had fun. cute picture, what is this about the cowboy boots. lol.
talk to you later.
janet

Heather said...

glad to hear John's getting better, and how cute is Katie and Barney pic - it looks like Will has a tight grip on the big purple guy too.. :)