Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Birthday John!


Katie helped me make a birthday cake for John yesterday afternoon. She did the sprinkles and some of the frosting. Will didn't get to do anything this year.

I also found out yesterday that I won a drawing at the Byerly's supermarket here in town. We got a $50 gift card and a big basket if Italian pastas, sauce, olive oil, a nice plate, and a dishtowel. So every one's invited for supper I guess. :)

This weekend, Katie's school had a used kids' stuff sale to raise funds for next year. I was able to shop at it last night because I volunteered last weekend to help out. There was an entire gym full of outdoor toys, indoor toys, puzzles, dolls, baby equipment, books, clothes, you name it, they had it. About 25 of us went through everything and had 'first dibs' on whatever we wanted. I ended up coming home with 2 big boxes of clothes, a train set, some Lincoln Logs, books, sticker books, sippy cups, and shoes...all for $50. I was pretty happy. Katie played dress up all morning, trying on her new clothes. She wore a swimsuit, a pretty pink dress, a frilly nightgown, skirts, and tank tops. (I'm sure pictures will follow at some point.) :) Will wasn't very excited so he opted out of the fashion show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is true. I was not allowed to contribute to Father's cake. I know all it needed to be absolutely perfect would be two hand prints. I have to admit I don't know how many two is so it could have gotten messy.

(signed) Will

Anonymous said...

KATIE: Do you think you can put 2 peices of cake in the freezer and bring them to Grandma and Grandpa on Sunday? I sure would like to eat some of that great cake!
See ya soon, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Katie it was really nice talking to you on the phone monday, you are getting so grown up so fast, I was wondering can you help me make a graduation cake for Justin :) that will be so much fun, you are quite the chef. see you Saturday and then again on sunday, give will a kiss for me.

Janet