Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Boss

John and I had an awesome time at the Springsteen concert Monday night. Mom came up to watch the kids, and sounds like they had a good time although Will certainly likes to push the envelope as far as it will go. It landed him on the 'naughty spot' two times while we were gone. :)


So I bought by tickets on Craiglist. The guy who sold them to me was going to the concert as well with his wife. They sat right next to us, and happened to sneak in a camera. He e-mailed me the pictures and they are great! You'll be able to see that we had great seats. The first half of the concert Jay Weinberg - Max's son drummed. Then Max came out for the second half. They are prepping Jay to take over the drumming duties full time after June 1st. That's when Max Weinberg will report to his other job as Conan's sidekick on the Tonight Show. Oh yeah - Jay is only 18 fricking years old! And he is an amazing drummer. Bruce took requests the second half of the show - very cool. Played some old favorites as well as a VERY soulful "I'm on Fire."








This week we are gearing up for our first garage sale. I think I've thought of everything - now it's just getting it set up in time, and having enough tables for evverything. It's gonna be close....


Katie went on a field trip to the park today with her class. It was rainy, but it's clearing up and drying so they just might have gotten out of the shelter. Anything is better than last year's trip to the park. It never made it above 40. All the kids had hats and mittens on!

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I have been waiting for these pics all morning. I'm still jealous although I do love you.

-skm

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were about as close as we were for Bon Jovi :) Once you get good seats hard to go for cheap ones again :) which is why we are 3rd row for Keith Urban in June in Des Moines!! Aren't you jealous....

Denise