Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Beach Day

This past weekend was beautiful weather here. So we enjoyed it by working outside all day Saturday - well, John worked outside all day Saturday. He pretty much rebuilt our swing set with new wood. The old wood was rotting out so he replaced some boards, added some braces and VOILA! A new, stronger swing set. Then I used paint from the previous owners so that it matched the house. Halfway through I realized we should have take before and after shots. Well, I promise an after shot - soon. It's rainy today.

So on Sunday we treated ourselves to a day at the beach here in town. Lake Ann is near our home - when the kids are a bit older I'm sure we could bike to it. For now we just drove to the beach after church. I didn't have any bread to pack a lunch with - so we decided to just buy lunch from the concession stand there. Hot dogs would work. Think again. When we started eating we discovered that the hot dogs were fresh out of the fridge. Ick. Seriously, if we had put them out in the sun for 5 minutes they would have been warmer. So John and I didn't really eat much of that, but Katie actually finished hers and mine. They were just the right temperature for her. :)

Will liked playing in the sand - he didn't really go into the water past his knees, and that was fine by me. He's so unpredictable it's a bit scary. Katie however took to the water right away. She didn't care the water was a bit chilly. She starts swimming lessons in a few weeks and I think I will feel more at ease once she gets some basic concepts under her belt.

You'll notice there aren't many pictures of Katie - she was just too darn busy!
Will made himself at home in the hole Katie and Dad built.

Katie making her way out to the dock.

Here comes Katie!


Will was all about the buckets. He would make trip after trip, carrying water back to the sand.


Mmmm...cold hot dogs and grapes. Will would rather eat than play.


P.S. - So far I have 2 kids coming to Katie's birthday party on Saturday. I broke down yesterday and started calling people. 2 yes - 2 no - waiting on 3 more yet. At least someone will be there!

No comments: