Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bear with me...

Ok, I sent Katie's birthday invitations to a few of her classmates last Friday. I figured they would get them Saturday, Monday at the latest. As of right now, I haven't heard from anyone. I asked them to RSVP via e-mail or phone and I hope to God that I wrote those down right.

I asked Shelley if that seemed weird, and of course I'm over reacting. Most people don't RSVP right away because they have lives. (Maybe I don't.) Still, it's only been three days right? I would feel better if ONE person responded....even if they said they couldn't make it. At least I would know that they got delivered and not shoved down between Mr. Mailman's crappy seats. If I haven't heard from anyone by Saturday - I'll make some calls. Unfortunately, I'm positive they aren't reading the blog.

Of course I'm just being a crazy mom and thinking about how excited Katie is for her first 'friend' party. She would be crushed if no one came. And of the people we invited, she has gone to TWO of their birthday parties, so I know it's something others are doing as well. Did I pick a bad weekend? It is Father's Day weekend, but c'mon - we're talking 2 hours here. Maybe I should be coming up with a plan B - some family fun for the day, something to get Katie just as excited.


So just tell me I'm being crazy, and I'll continue to check my e-mail every 20 minutes and keep my phone fully charged.


*I wanted to put some pictures on, but Blogger is being difficult. I'll try later.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Nobody RSVP's early. Some will call the day of the party (That's helpful) and some will just show up. It seems we would have about half but we invited the whole class. They will show up. I always get stressed about that too. If not give us a call we'll drive up(:
Gina

Deb said...

That's helpful...there's no WAY I could manage inviting the whole class! :) Never thought about people just showing up that day. Glad you already went through it.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it. It will work out. Things usually do.

M quoting J

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Like I said - we can go to Build-A-Bear and buy happy childhood memories. :)

I'm sure it will be fine. It will be OK.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it, Gina is right there will be people who just show up because the art of RSVPing has been somewhat lost. And it is probably too early for them to RSVP they will probably wait until closer to the day! You will still probably have more kids than you want and be asking yourself afterwards WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! Oh and wait until you get to the sleepover stage -- that's even more FUN!!!

Denise

Deb said...

(whisper)...Ixney on the sleepovers...

Anonymous said...

I am sure that they will show up. There are a lot of parents at work that go through this, and it always works out. Katie will have a great day no matter how many kids show up! I just can't believe that she is turning 5...how did that happen!

Love, Jamie

Deb said...

Got my first response! It was a no - they are out of town that weekend for a dance competition for the big sister. Oh well - at least I know they got delivered!