Thursday, June 18, 2009

Katie's Big Day

Since yesterday was Katie's birthday, she pretty much ran the day. (And this is different from any other day because....) She got to choose what we ate for supper and out of EVERYTHING she could choose...she picked Culver's. Not too bad, so we all had hamburgers, fries, onion rings, and ice cream for supper. I thought we'd be in for a night of mac and cheese or peanut butter and jelly.


Birthday Hamburger - the cake will make it's apprearance on Saturday. So, we used the burger instead.

Katie opened her presents after supper. Well, she actually got to open one early. We babysat for a friend of mine that morning and she dropped off a gift for Katie that afternoon - WITH a balloon! Kate was very excited. :)
Katie was pretty happy with her haul - she got a real guitar, (although she's mad she can't play like Daddy. I told her we could learn together. It came with chord cards to help finger placement.) a pair of walkie talkies - these are fun and they work really well, some Hannah Montana jewelry craft stuff, a game called Hullaballo, some activity books, a necklace, and a kit to make your own ballerina skirt.

Awww, sweet Katie with her guitar.

Then 'Big Sister' Katie starts to peek through.

Katie got to take treats to cheerleading camp yesterday too. All the girls sang Happy Birthday to her and she was in the middle of a giant group hug. :) Today is her last day of camp and they are putting on a little dance routine. We'll see how that goes...I promise pictures and if you are all VERY good, maybe a little movie.


And finally - I have a question of the week to pose to you all. (I KNOW! You're saying to yourself - thank goodness they are BACK! I could barely survive without them.)
Any age is a good age, but if you had to pick ONE age that was/is your favorite, what would it be and why?

4 comments:

Deb said...

If I had to pick a favorite age, (which I do - that was the question!) it would be 21. Yes, for the obvious reasons - legal to drink, but also able to vote, fun last year in college, and it was also the age where John and I started seeing each other. (What a cradle robber, huh!?) :)

Anonymous said...

I always liked 17...not quite sure why. WAY back when I was 17 you could drink in Wis at 18 and Iowa at 19, so not old enough to drink but young enough to MAYBE get away with it, but now always :)

Wally, Sarah and I get the front row tickets to Katie's concert when she performs at the Target Center in a few years :)

Denise

Anonymous said...

I would like to go back to when my kids were little. I don't want to stay there but I'd sure like to visit.
m.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Katie!!