Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day out with Thomas

This past weekend we were planning to head down to IA, but ended up staying here so John could finish some work. He worked Saturday and then came along with the kids and I to see Thomas the Tank Engine and go for a train ride.


It ended up being a perfect day and the kids - especially Will - had a great time. It was a good thing John decided to come with us because I wouldn't have been able to do it by myself. Why, you may ask? I blame it on the bottle of wine I polished off Saturday night. At the time, it seemed like a good idea. Kids are in bed...free bottle of wine from my friend, Shelley...tasted YUMMY...what could go wrong? First of all, I'm not much of a wine drinker - I'm all beer, baby. I guess I wasn't 'sipping' the wine, I was drinking the wine...gulping the wine. I went to bed soon after the end of the bottle, was in the bathroom soon after and then just decided that was a pretty good place to sleep....even if we do have ceramic tile in the bathroom. So thanks to my wonderful husband we made it to Thomas on time. He got the kids' breakfast, got 'em dressed and drove us all there.


Mr. Wonderful and the kids. :)
John took a picture of me with the kids too, but I'm doing the blog and I like this one better, ok? :)


The fresh air did me good and it didn't take me long til I was feeling relatively ok. We took a 20 minute train ride, complete with whistles that spooked Will at first, but he was on a train so all was good.


Yes, I know, I take too many pictures.


Katie and Will went on a smaller train ride as well. Katie held Will's hand...

Meet Sir Topham Hat...Will was freaked out by this guy and wouldn't even stand 10 feet away from him. Can't blame him - he does look kinda weird.

See those little rugrats to the left of us? There were 3 of them and they had THE MOST ANNOYING whistle even invented. John wondered why the hell someone would buy their THREE kids such a toy. And it was probably $8 or some ridiculous amount as everything was overpriced there. It did NOT help my head, I can tell you that. We soon crossed the street to get away from them.



5 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I still have a case of wine left if you want some. ;-p

Anonymous said...

ha, i love that picture of will!

sarah

Anonymous said...

I kinda like Will's attitude toward large costumed figures.
M.

Deb said...

Will's attitude changed today at our county fair. He saw a person in a big cow suit and ran right up to them...hugs...high fives...yelling "Mooooo!" and "Jimmmmm!" :) So, as long as it's a cow, he's ok.

Anonymous said...

But Will had no corn to leave the cow!

Jim