Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Molly's in the mood for love....

Yesterday I thought Molly had eaten something she shouldn't have or was feeling ill....today it hit me.  Duh, she's in heat.  How long does this last again? :)

It's snowing again today, but we aren't due for much more than 1-2 inches....we'll see. 

"Pebbles" is still with us, and fitting right in.  She seems to be getting louder...that's probably a good sign.  Also, the last 2 days she's wanted to sit on the little potty every time Will went to the bathroom, so we did it a few times on Monday....and then Monday night I was told she actually went pee on the potty at home for the first time.  Yep, sure, I'll take credit for that. :)  (Odds are it may be a while before it happens again.)

Yesterday we took Katie to the dr. for a little check-up because we'd been concerned with her growth/weight gain and her knees.  Anyone that knows Katie, knows she's always been petite...and probably always will be.  However, in the last 2 years we've seen her grow 2 inches, and gain 4 pounds.  On the handouts they give at the doctor's office it says "Average weight gain for a 6 year old is 6 pounds a year."  Hmmm.....
Well, long story short - they aren't concerned at all, we don't have to alter her diet, she still "makes the chart". 

Now her knees....we noticed about a month ago that one knee was really swollen - much larger than the other one....and actually they both looked weired.  It didn't seem to go away, but it wasn't bothering her - no pain or discomfort.  We still wanted to get it checked out and the doctors that looked at her were a bit puzzled too.  They took x-rays, which showed nothing, and they drew blood for various tests that will tell us if the swelling is due to specific inflammations.  We get those results back in a few days. 

Ok - is it my turn?  Now me....my foot is killing me!  Geez, last night all of a sudden whenever I put weight on my left foot, I get a shooting pain on the outer side of my ankle.  If I walk on my tip toes - it feels fine.  And I can do ankle circles, flex my foot, etc. - no problem.  But if I walk for a few minutes, I can't take it.  I ran on Monday....felt fine.  So I called a dr. and I'm gonna go get it looked at tomorrow.  From what I am reading online - it seems as though there is a bone/joint out of position that just needs to be popped back in. 

On to Will and John......
Will is fine and John is playing raquetball tonight - be careful! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, Molly - well have fun with the yelping and whining all hours of the night. lol, Katie - wow I never knew she had knee issues, just glad she is not in any uncomfortable pain or agony.... and you wow maybe you did break a bone or something, hope all goes well for you guys this week, please keep us informed. hugs to you all. maybe Molly needs a boyfriend and you can have baby kitties in a couple months (takes 63 days) lol...

Janet