Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Remember my foot??

A few weeks ago I posted about my foot and how much it hurt - don't think I ever updated you on it. 
I did get x-rays, went and saw a podiatrist cuz after 3 days it just wasn't any better and by 5 or 6 pm, I couldn't put any weight on it at all. 

Nothing was broken.  He thought he saw a crack, but turned out just to be lines in the bone (or something like that).  From the exam he could tell that the long tendon that ran under my foot and up the outside of my ankle was swollen and VERY tender.  So I got the typical dr advice...ice it and take Aleve.  I skipped the pills, but I did ice it for a few days as much as I could.

He also said that I shouldn't run on it for 2 weeks, and then when I do start - start at the very beginning of a running program.  Well, 2 weeks was up yesterday so I was interested to get back on the treadmill.  I had been able to walk normally for about a week - no pain, and the run went well too. 

I started an 8 week 5k program, and even though I felt I could jump to week 4 or 5, I didn't.  I also didn't start with week 1.  I started with week 2.....yeah, I'm a rebel.  I guess it'll be good to follow a program and see if that helps me get a better time at the end of 8 weeks.  Before....I was just running til I got tired, then walk, then run a bit, the walk a little, etc. with no measurement or knowledge if I was really pushing myself more each time. 

No comments: