Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Weekend visit to IA

We traveled down to IA this weekend to visit family.  First time back in about 2 months.  We were able to give my niece from college a ride home too, so it felt like there was a double purpose.  Since we were going to be back we planned a casual baby shower for my great niece as well....she's 2 months and way too cute for her own good. :)  2 months - 8 months is such a great baby age....they've gotten used to their surroundings, are able to allow themselves to be calmed down by other people, and able to just stay awake long enough to give smiles and interact without crawling or walking away from you.

Makes me think it would be fun to have another one....but then I realized I can go home and am pretty confident in saying that I'll be able to sleep through the night without having to wake up.....and that seems too good to give up.

I'm not posting pictures today because I don't have time - I have to get a shower in and then trot off to a meeting this morning.  It's a week of meetings.  I have another one tomorrow for the technology referendum they are trying to get passed for the school.  I hope it goes through - it's very much needed and will benefit many students...including mine. :)  Lots of stuff getting voted on this November...there's also that MN marriage amendment they are trying to push through.  There are some wonderful editorials being written about that.....I will post 1 or 2 this week as well.

Oh, and stay tuned for pictures of some pumpkins we are making.....they are pretty darn cute.  John is carving the big one this weekend....whether he knows it or not. :)

No comments: