Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Confession....

So I have to confess that I haven't been working out like I should.  I know, I know.  When you read the title of this post, you thought it was going to be juicy.  Well, sorry to let you down there.

I have hopes of doing a 10k race in...let's see....25 days.  Oh shit, 25 days....I thought it was a bit more.  I haven't officially signed up for it because I'm a chicken.  It will be the longest running race I've done, and I want to do it, I really do.  I just don't want to train for it....or anything really. 

It really sucks because I feel SO good after working out.  I feel like I could do anything.  My mood is better, my patience is better and I'm just an all around better mom and wife.  However, when it comes time to get ready to work out - I am the QUEEN of excuses and finding other things that need to get done.  I'll blame it on anything - it's too cold, it's too hot, it's raining, I have to watch the kids, I don't feel good, etc. 

So after a good 2-3 months of doing little to nothing, I'm back.  I'm going to go register for that 10k.  I ran 2 miles on Sunday while Will was at a soccer skills clinic, I worked out yesterday, and I just got done running 3 miles on the treadmill.  I would like to run 3-4 times a week....2-3 miles a time, with one weekend run being 4-6 miles.  If I can do that for the next 25 days, I should be good to go.  Then it's just a matter of maintaining that effort throughout the summer since I'll only have 3-5 weeks between races this summer/fall.  The "big one" (actually there's 2) being the YWCA triathlon in August and the Twin Cities 10-miler in October.  (If we get picked out of the lottery, that is.)  Funny....that race is so big you have to win the lottery to get to be in it.  How SICK is that?

Ok - for now I will plan on getting up at 6:15 tomorrow to run my 3 miles. 

Unless it's raining.....

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am right there with you...I haven't been working out like I should...and I need to get my rear in gear!

Anonymous said...

hey maybe when Sarah is up there with you you guys can be running buddies :)

Denise