Thursday, April 12, 2012

Preschool pictures


We got Will's preschool pictures back yesterday.  I love them - but of course, I'm quite biased.  Will says he does not like taking pictures at school because "they're not very fun."  Typical boy.  We had more pictures taken last week as part of a fundraiser for a group I'm part of and I think Will sat for 3-4 of them, and then he announced that he was done and walked away.  Katie, however, continued for 10 more minutes, posing for shot after shot.

I'm bound and determined that I am going to get the taxes done TODAY.  I have about an hour left on them and that should do it.  It's taken a few extra hours this time because of my babysitting income.  I have to fill out a Gain/Loss from Business form and it's taken me more time to determine all the deductions I can take because the business is run from my home.  Therefor I can take a % of certain monthly bills and deduct if for business expense as well as food and other direct expenses that get used for the little one.  I'm just finishing up prorating and deducting the mortgage interest/property taxes.  (And yes, I did check with the IRS on this...I spent 45 minutes with them on Monday to make sure I was figuring things correctly.  The guy I talked to actually gave me some good tips.)  So since we are getting $ back, I want to get that filed ASAP.

Let's see - I did make some headway on my to-do list.  I got Katie's dance recital tickets picked up, then realized that I hope I wasn't supposed to have a ticket for her.  As of right now - Will is coming along. 

I'm scheduled to pick up uniforms for Will's soccer team this weekend, and attend a coaching training session.  We have a "youth coach" (he's 14) assigned to us, but I just got an e-mail saying that he hasn't completed his background check or his concussion training yet so if he doesn't by Saturday, he won't be allowed to coach....and someone will have to fill in.  (The e-mail implied that "someone" would be me.)  The only thing I know about soccer is that if you kick the ball in the net, I think it's a point. 

I also did something extra that wasn't even on my to-do list!  I got summer activities lined up for Katie and Will all summer.  I talked with them about a few options for things they could do over the summer and came up with a list of ones that "work" for us date-wise.  (Don't overlap, etc.) 

Will is going to do swimming lessons, karate, Vacation Bible School, dinosaur camp, and sports camp. 

Katie is going to do swimming lessons, theater camp, Luthercrest church camp, sports camp, and maybe a gymnastics camp.  Oh, and I have a teacher in the works to give her piano lessons in June and July. 

It may sound like a lot - but most of these camps are only 3-4 days long.  And there are even a few dates where their camps overlap each other so that Katie and Will are both busy on the same day, and they get to do the "sports camp" together.  I also have it worked out so that I will only have the "little one" Monday-Wednesday during the summer, so that leaves two days a week for Katie, Will and I to do some things that just for us, like go to bigger parks, go to the zoo, the museum, the fair, go swimming, etc.  Things that I just don't feel comfortable take 3 kids to - one of which is only 2.

Ok - I'm off to tackle the taxes....after some coffee. 

No comments: