Sunday, April 1, 2012

Not funny!

I think the weather man was playing an April Fool's Day joke on us.  81 degrees and sunny, my ass. We'll be lucky to hit 50 and it looks very cloudy.  Yesterday was supposed to be 70, but again - we never made it past 50.  Just to spite the powers that be, we had a little fire outside with marshmallows (because we had planned it being warm).

Today I promised Katie that I would go to the park with her to watch her ride her bike.  John and her went yesterday and he was able to get her up on two wheels confidently.  Now she can go the whole length of the sidewalk in front of our house.  The only times I get nervous are when it comes time to stop.  She has to practice getting started as well, but she's come a long way in only 2 practice sessions.  I should really get a movie on here of her riding - it's quite exciting. :)

The kids are on spring break all week so hopefully it'll warm up a bit and we can hit the park.  We have plans to go to the library, and the nature center is having a cool rock hunt on Friday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The sun came out this afternoon and it's a bit warmer but nowhere close to 80 degrees.

M