Thursday, May 17, 2012

It's late and I'm going to bed

...but before I do, I feel like I have to make myself officially set a goal for my 10k this weekend.  And whether you care or not, well you can decide that much.

I have a 10k (6.2 miles) on Saturday.  That will be the longest distance I've ever done and my first race in 8 months.  Here's how I'm breaking down how I expect to finish....

Dream Finish: 60 minutes or less.  Basically, this is an arbitrary number.  It's an hour - a nice round time.

Ideal Finish: 62-63 minutes.  62 would keep me at a 10min/mile pace which is what I seem to do with anything over 3 miles.  I'd be happy with that.

Never running again: 68 minutes or over.  Ok, maybe not "never again", but it will totally ruin my whole day and I'll feel like a loser.

Then on Sunday I have a great 5k run with friends that I'm not doing for a personal fast time, just for fun. (Oh, but I'll totally be watching the clock.)


Now, if you've read this far - and as still interested, I will give you a treat.  I wouldn't normally post this, but I can't help it.  I know that in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really make a big difference, but it makes me really proud and just darn smiley.  Katie took a cognitive abilities test in February to test to see if she qualified for placement in their Program for Academic Challenge class.  We got the results back a couple of weeks ago and I'm happy to say she kicked butt on that test and has been awarded a place in their class!  So this means that starting next year she will get to participate in extra activities a few times a week.  She's started this semester with the PAC class by reading A Cricket in Times Square and making a cricket habitat complete with live crickets. :)  Again, I know that test scores don't amount to a whole lot, BUT it doesn't mean I can't do a little bragging of my own.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should be very proud of Katie! you have every right as her mother to brag about her :) We always knew she was a smart cookie....kinda like her parents!

Denise