Monday, May 7, 2012

Lots to say

I suddenly have a lot to post about...although none of it very important. If it WAS very important some of you'd know about it already. So I guess it just makes for good blog posts. We had a week of rain. The news said that it has rained every day in May so far.

We had soccer practice canceled last Thursday as well as the game on Saturday. This week should be nice though. I'm not really looking forward to dealing with the parents again. Some are a bit snippy. We have a youth coach (since no parent volunteered) and he's doing a great job. He's 14 and has a bunch of games for the kids to play, and they have fun (which is the most important thing). Anyway, the youth coach couldn't make it to the last game so I was dealing with rotating the kids in. By the second half, we had 2 in tears and wouldn't play, so I was rotating the remaining 4 in and out. But this one mom kept sending her daughter in whenever she felt like it, and it was making me so stinking peeved! Then a few parents made the comment that the kids weren't playing "positions" or whatever - they were just running after the ball. Well, yeah....they're 4. At this stage we're only concerned with teaching them the boundaries of the field and that they should stop kicking the ball when it goes out of bounds. (If ANY of these parents had come to a training session, they would know this...) It baffles me how many parents want their kids to play sports and be on a team, but are unwilling to officially volunteer to help out. I mean heck, if John and I can do it - then anyone can. I need to get some pictures of Will in his soccer uniform because it's pretty impressive!

Katie has a dance recital this Saturday. It's at the big, new high school in their auditorium. So she's excited about being on a real stage. We had dance pictures yesterday in all of her costumes (she has 3) and she was totally adorable - as were all the girls. I think this will be our one and only year of dance....it's been fun, but I don't think it's anything that Katie gets real excited about.

Did you know last Saturday was "Free Comic Book Day"??? I didn't realize it was across the whole country...I thought it was just our local comic book store. (How much I have to learn, huh?) Anyway, Will had been looking forward to it for quite a while so he got dressed up in his batman t-shirt and cape (we couldn't talk him into the whole costume....there's a first time for everything) and headed out. Katie and Will both got a bag of free comics and John got an adult pack as well. I may have pictures coming because the guys at the store took some pictures of Will and another little guy dressed up.

I gotta run to get Will to school. We have one more dance class tonight, then girl scouts. Tomorrow night we have a party at Will's former preschool building. Looks like bath will have to wait til Wednesday. :)

No comments: