Thursday, July 12, 2012

Didn't happen.....yet

Ok, ok.  I know I said I was going to swim last night, but it didn't happen.  With Will's birthday yesterday the whole night kind of got away from me.  I still have 4 Wednesday swim workouts I can do and a friend, who is a super-star swimmer, is going to go with me next week (probably to make sure I go!) :)

BUT, I am planning on going swimming today.  I got to thinking about my Lifetime membership that I won.  Did I tell you about that???  Our county hosted a "Get Up and Go" program earlier this spring and you kept track of your workouts online.  If you logged 150 minutes per week you got entered into a weekly drawing.  At the end they had some extra drawings and I won a 3 month single membership to Lifetime Fitness.  We used to be Lifetime members before Will was born, so I'm familiar with what they offer.  At the location in our town they have a really great outdoor pool and indoor pool that have swim lanes always open for adults. 

The downside is that it is a single membership, but I can add on extras to it so that the kids and John can go too.  I'll have to see how much that is.  In any case, I'll have to add the kids because it will be nice to be able to swim while they are having some time in the child center.  That way I can do it whenever - not just after 6 pm. 

When I first got the certificate it had an expiration date of 7/31/12.  That meant it was only going to be good for about a month, not 3 months.  But as I got to reading it today it sounds like I have to activate it by 7/31/12....but then it's still good for 3 months once it's activated.  So that would be VERY nice. I left a message for the membership coordinator lady and she's supposed to call me back.  Once she does, I'm taking Will at 2:00 to head there and check it out.  I don't have "Pebbles" today and Katie is playing at a friend's house this afternoon.  No excuses, right???  It would sure be nice if the TWO places I called to get some lessons would call me back to schedule those!  However, I did get a swimsuit to use for training.  Not sure if I will wear it in the race though.  I'm not too sure how I feel about running in it yet.  I will have to try it out.

No comments: