Monday, May 13, 2013

New windows today!

We are getting new windows installed today!  Exciting, noisy, and unpredictable time.  Molly is locked in the basement with food, water and her litter box.  She may be losing some fur based on how noisy it is as the guys cut out the old windows.  Hans is at doggie day care.  For $16 a day he can go from 7 am to 7pm.  Otherwise, they would require him to be locked in his crate all day here.  I figured he'd have more fun there. 

I do have some pictures of the new/old windows, but I don't want to intrude on the guys working.  I was able to get all the old window shades/treatments off the windows and became very depressed as I realized how long it's going to take to put them ALL back up again.  Let's see....we have 19 window blinds/shades to install.  Now, don't everyone rush over here to volunteer all at once.  At least it gets darker much later and there isn't a necessary need for blinds on all the windows right away. 

It's certainly a nice day to have giant holes in your house open to the outside - not snowing or raining or cold.  I don't think "Pebbles" is going to get much of a nap today.

Speaking of "Pebbles" - my sister asked a good question - now that I will be working from home (and getting paid) what about "Pebbles?"  The answer is, I don't know.  I was going to be done watching her at the end of August anyway - her mom is having another baby and will be home at that point.  So do I keep it up til August or quit now.  The truth is that it will probably be something in the middle.  Nothing will change for the month of May, then I guess we'll see how it goes.  I guess I'm watching her because she's easy to entertain and I'm greedy.  Thinking about getting paid for 2 jobs for 3 months gets my kind of jacked up.  After so many years of not bringing home a typical paycheck for the family - I kind of like the thought of bringing home 2 of them.  However, now that I'll be working a chunk of the day - the time that I do get to spend uninterrupted with Katie and Will needs to be treated a bit more preciously.  And do I want to share that time with "Pebbles?"   I told her mom that I'm fine if they want to move her right away - to be with kids more her own age.  Especially since Katie and Will have lots of camps and classes here and there during the summer, there will be some days where neither one are here for a week....kind of boring for a 3 year old.  We'll see.

Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon!  Although - the windows won't look drastically different.  There's only 2 that we are changing the look of. 

No comments: