Thursday, May 30, 2013

Brownie points

I went to a few garage sales this morning.  Anymore, I'm pretty picky about the ones I stop at, so I'm sure I miss some 'treasures."  But today I got stuff that is going to score me BIG mommy-brownie points.

Katie has been reading the Gregor The Overlander Series of books by Suzanne Collins.  She just finished #3 and has been begging me to go to the library and get #4.  I found it today at a sale!  In fact I found #3 and #4, so I got both of them because they are pretty hard to find. 

The rest of the stuff are things I wouldn't buy "new", but I figured this was a deal.
- and extra Play Station2 controller (we only have one, which works for us - but figured we could use another one at times.)
- a wireless guitar for Play Station2, Guitar Hero (we haven't had anything like this before and the kids have been wanting one.)
- 2 Guitar Hero games

I got all this for $7.00 - so I figured it was worth it, and I was assured everything worked.  I passed up an entire Play Station Rock Band set up for $25.00.  If it keeps raining, I know what we'll be doing.

We have church pictures this weekend, so I have to dye the gray out of my hair before then.  We are also going to the Twins game on Sunday so it better not rain on us, or be too hot, or be too cold.  Not asking too much, right?  T-ball was canceled for the 2nd time this week.  We haven't been able to have a practice or game yet!  If next week doesn't cooperate I think Will may call upon his own superpowers to do something about the weather.  Just one day without a bunch of rain would be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seriously you needed PS 2 stuff?? do you need or want another guitar for guitar hero?? Wally is planning on getting rid of Sarah's at a garage sale coming up but if you want the other guitar you can have it! Let me know...don;t have rock band but have other games if you are interested..again you can have them!!

Denise