Thursday, October 4, 2007

Growing up...


I dropped off Katie this morning for preschool and we had some pretty big separation issues. She absolutely did NOT want Will and I to leave. Her teacher, Ms. Laurie (who is wonderful), finally had to pick her up and take her away to the other side of the room to do an activity while I left. Talk about hard to keep a smile on your face! I so just wanted to pick her up and take her home and say - "You don't have to go!" But it is VERY good for her to learn to trust some other adults and get some time on her own. When I picked her up, I talked with her teacher for a while and of course about 30 seconds after I had left - Katie was as happy as could be.


Next Tuesday is a VERY big day because it is their first field trip. They get to ride a school bus to an apple orchard in Jordan, MN. Then they got to go on a wagon ride, pick apples off the trees, watch an apple press squeeze juice out, and finally have donuts, apples and cider for a snack. Of course the BIGGEST highlight is the bus ride. :) I can't go along on the bus because Will is not allowed to go, but there are some parents helping out that day. Of course - I'll be a nervous wreck til she gets home...

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Deb ... Dude - you're good at this blogging - I love the photo of Ms. Katie.

And yeah ... wow - your little girl is getting to be a big little girl. You'll have to let us know how the field trip goes.

Drew Kluesner said...

Hey Deb.

I echo sk's comments.. you're doing great at this blogging.... Love the photo too.

Good luck with the field trips... Seems like Katie is growing up real fast. I can't imagine Alicia going to school or field trips yet.

How's Will doing? Is he sitting up on his own?