Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Just to let you know

Hi everyone, and Happy Halloween, AND a special Happy Birthday to Noah who turns 1 today!

After buying 3-4 bags of candy we had a total of 3 trick-or-treaters. Luckily I got candy that we all like so we can eat it too - which we will happily do. Katie got a bucket full after being out with Dad for a total of 20 minutes. I will post costume pictures tomorrow.

I wanted to let everyone know that John is having surgery tomorrow. (He'll probably hate that I am posting it, but I think everyone should know so they can be thinking of him and send him well wishes. ) He is having his ACL replaced in his knee. It is a problem that need to be fixed for a while now and he has decided to get it over and done with. He will be in and out the same day, which will be nice. My mom has come up for a few days to help with laundry, cleaning, and the kids, etc. So I will keep everyone posted on how that goes as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again it seems the Great Pumpkin made off with all *our* potential trick-or-treaters. We were prepared, even-- had a couple of mini-Snickers bars I got from Dave P on hand... maybe next year?

Jim

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

I have an Iowa van parked in front of my house - how cool am I???

Anonymous said...

tell katie that I have a treat for her when I see her, and tell John I am thinking of him today, and let mom know that she is the best mom for taking care of all of us even though we are all married and grown up, she is still there for us. she really helped me out when jeff had surgery two years ago. she is the best.

janet

Anonymous said...

Is that where my dang van went sk has got it. hahahaha Ma Hanson

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

We took good care of the van, Ma Hanson. :-) No joyriding to any states that I'm sure you haven't visited already.