Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Extreme Weather

I think we can all say that we are sick of the extreme weather we have been seeing lately. The heat wave out east, the floods in the Midwest, ick. Luckily, here in MN, we have been spared somewhat from the extremes. The only thing we have to put up with is windy, cool days. Today has been pretty good - have we gotten outside to enjoy it? Of course not. :)

(Oooh, yummy, a Schwan's truck just went by.)

Katie had a camp day yesterday at My Gym. That is her gym class place that she went to until we started preschool. All of the teachers remembered her, but it took a little coaxing to get her to go play and she wanted me to stay and watch for a couple minutes. Will wanted to just get down and go play! He was too little to play yesterday, but maybe we'll take him in a couple weeks. Katie starts soccer next week, and that runs for about 5-6 weeks; an hour every Tuesday.

Will turns 11 months tomorrow. (I KNOW! Where has the time gone?) He has turned into quite the little boy. It's really fun to watch the two kids and how DIFFERENT they are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I may want to move up to Minnesota, I am so sad about my coworkers who lost everything in the floods last August are again going thru the same thing, this time they are saying that Gays Mills, Wi (where the crawford county fair is) is going to be no more, they do not think they will save anything, including the businesses. they are not sure if fema will help them this time or not. I am just glad that none of my friends/coworkers have been hurt or died.
Mother Nature sure seems very upset for some reason.
tell Will happy almost birthday and hope to see you guys soon.
Love,
janet

Megan said...

ha- we saw a schwans truck yesterday= my parents always buy stuff from them! but, it's crazy expensive!

Megan

Deb said...

Yeah - we haven't ordered anything from Schwan's either, but there's plenty I'd like to try!

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

SCHWANS! I love Schwans, it's pricy but my mom gets me stuff every once in awhile, so I get my fix that way.

It's kind of funny to look at pictures of the kids and see how they've grown ... it's only been 11 months? Are you sure?

BTW - Janet, I'm keeping your friends in my thoughts ... I've been reading about Gays Mills - just sad.

Anonymous said...

yes, katie's going to a soccer day camp! even though i don't play soccer, it's a sport! haha, take care.

--sarah