Sunday, June 1, 2008

What a weekend...

We had quite a weekend! It was BEAUTIFUL weather, yesterday was mid 70's and sunny, today was lower 80's and sunny. There was a chance for storms yesterday so we worked at home. John and I mowed the lawn, did some trimming on the bushes and shrubs, weeded the garden, treated the weeds, and caught up on laundry - all while running after 2 kids. :) I must say I'm not as sore as I thought I would be, but still sore. I happened to get a blister from mowing lawn and when I told John that his poor delicate flower of a wife got a blister he told me I'd have to mow more often so that doesn't happen again. :)

Today we made plans to visit Como Zoo in Minneapolis. It's a very nice zoo and conservatory that happens to be free. Katie and Will saw a zebra, giraffes, penguins, sea lions, tigers, lions, gorillas, monkeys, snakes, tarantulas, leopards, and a bunch that I just can't remember right now. They had WAY more animals than I thought they would have for a free zoo.

To get into the zoo part you have to walk through the amusement park area too, so Katie saw that they had all kinds of rides as well. After lunch we let her go on a few rides. She rode on the train, did the tea cups with John, and a fire truck ride with me. Then all 4 of us went on the carousel. It was quite the day. :)

After we left Como we drove down to the 35W bridge to see how that was coming. We walked on the pedestrian bridge that runs near there. I tried to take pictures, but they didn't really turn out very well. It was pretty massive, and they have made a lot of progress on the rebuilding which is set to be done around Christmas time.

John and Katie enjoying the tea cups.

Katie taking in the mighty Mississippi from the pedestrian bridge.

Hand in hand...

After the zoo, Will was not up for ANYTHING else. :) He was pretty excited when he saw most of the animals. The leopard came right up to the window and Will pointed, grunted and yelled. He did that for the monkeys too. It was pretty cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like quite a weekend. Perfect in fact. Fun at home and away.
Deb, you do a really nice job with pictures and words.
M.

Anonymous said...

Those kids really have great parents. It is fun to do things with them when they are that young. But I get tired just watching these escapades! Hahahaha
Have not seen anything yet on the charger. Well off to bed so I can paint and clean some more YIPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Love Mom