Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

First of all, I wanted to take a moment to wish all the Dads out there, especially mine, a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for us!

Last night we had a mini-birthday party for Katie. Her actual birthday is on Tuesday, but we decided to celebrate it early. We invited our friends, Jamie, Joe, and their son, Noah over and grilled out. Katie was excited to show off her presents and share her picnic table with Noah.


Here is Katie all decked out in her pads. She got a scooter, and is getting pretty good at it. No tears...yet. John backed the cars out of the garage and she likes riding it there.


Now I will toot my own horn - I decided to make Katie a cake myself. I made a double layer vanilla cake with fresh strawberries layered inside. Next time I will use even MORE strawberries (they were very good). Katie picked out the fish candies (on the side) and I decorated the rest. I think I have been watching too much Ace of Cakes on the Food Channel. :)


Katie and Noah sat VERY nicely at the little table to eat. Noah enjoyed his FIRST hot dog. :)


We ate our cake outside after supper. Well - the adults ate their cake...the kids decided that playing was more important. Here's Katie and Noah taking a milk break.


On Sunday, John helped Katie put together a bird house she got for her birthday. She wanted to paint it very badly. :) It turned out beautiful and will make some bird a very good house. It was a nice Father's Day activity for them to do. Katie and Will also made John a shirt for Father's Day that says "#1 Pop". They put their hand prints on it and Katie painted some pictures on it. :) Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

Dude! Ace of Cakes ROCKS!

Megan said...

you should post a picture of the bird house! nice job on that cake! :)

Megan