Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today John and I celebrated Valentine's Day by donating blood for the first time. You'll all be glad to know that we survived and are no worse for the wear. I went first and then John went a couple hours later. I must say I got quite queasy towards the end of the whole process, but a bit of apple juice and some encouraging words from the kind nurses went a long way. I was also told that I have good veins, and I'll take a compliment about my body where ever I can get it. John, of course, took it like a big boy...he says it didn't phase him a bit. All in all, we are happy with ourselves and not sure why we waited as long as we did to do it.

Katie got a lot of Valentine's at school yesterday. This was the first year that I let her get some and give them out to her friends. She was very happy and excited to do it. Between her and Will I think they got more mail the last few days than John or I did. Katie says she wants to go to both of her Grandma's houses to celebrate Valentine's Day.

"Well it isn't that kind of holiday," I told her "we just stay home."

"But we went to their houses to celebrate Christmas and Thanksgiving!"

To Katie, this holiday ranks right up there. I conceded and offered, instead, to get a heart shaped pizza for supper tonight from Papa Murphy's. That seemed to work. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Katie and Will sharing the earbud earphones and enjoying some music. Their one and only independent act of kindness to each other today. It lasted a whole 6 minutes too.

1 comment:

Shelley Kubitz Mahannah said...

It must have been a good song. :)

Tell Katie that I had pizza too last night, although it wasn't heart shaped. It was still awesome. :)