Friday, September 24, 2010

A Confession

I have my third and final 5k of the season on Sunday. Up until this week, I'd been running 2-3 times a week. Since the sun doesn't rise til around 7:00 am now, my body is revolting against getting up at 6:15 to run. It's just not natural. Will has preschool on Thursday mornings and for the past few weeks I've been able to get a run in at 9:30 - but I think it's going to rain tomorrow. So....I'm going to go at this 5k without having run in 8 days, and really who cares. :)

Ok, ok, if it's nice I'll go for a walk Friday night.

I've been looking at used treadmills for this winter. Honestly, I don't know what's gotten into me. A year ago, I'd rather eat worms than run. Now, I think it'd be nice to have the option to jump on the treadmill in the dead of winter and get 2 miles or so done. (Yes, only 2-3 miles. No more than that at a time - I'm not totally insane.)

Feel free to place bets on how long this will last. But I'm warning you - I like the fact that the rear end has a "bounce" instead of a "jiggle".

No comments: