Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nice picture


Maybe the Christmas card picture will be easier this year. I like this one.

Molly is getting bigger. I suggested to Katie that we stop feeding her so that she'll stay little. Katie thought that was a good idea. Molly loves to be outside. When she hears the garage open, she waits at the door for us to come in, and tries to scoot out into the garage between our legs. I've let her play in the garage for a while when the door is shut. She's wrestled a few bugs to their surrender. And if you choose not to wear socks - your toes will have to be on guard.

School is going pretty well for both kids. Katie started a bit of homework this week - but we are trying to just keep it to 15 minutes a night. Problem is, she wants to do more. And I have to create work for Will to do as well.

I painted last week too! I have been wanting to get the living room painted for a few months now, and since Katie is in school all day it makes it a bit easier to get done. I love, love, love the color - it's much "warmer" than our big white walls. I'm sick of white walls. I had white walls in my first apartment that I couldn't change, white walls in our first house that we just never thought or had time to change, and white walls in our townhome which we couldn't change. So I knew when we bought this house 2 1/2 years ago - I would paint.



You can see the new color on the far big wall. I think it makes the vaulted ceilings stand out more and goes nicely with our rug.

I'm not quite done yet, I still have one full wall to do, the hallway, and a precarious spot above the stairway. I'm still trying to figure out the logistics of reaching this spot shown below.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice pic of the kids and kitty- my, but she's growing!

painting looks good too- quite a project there

Jim