Saturday, September 4, 2010

Countdown to 1st grade

Last week, Katie's new elementary school had an open house for incoming students. We took all of her school supplies and set up her new desk. There are about 21 kids in Katie's class, including a Kaitlynn, a Cate, and of course a Katie. So far, we know there are 2 girls in her class from our neighborhood.


Also - you'll notice that Katie has on her "Quality Chick" T-shirt, from Decorah. We came to the open house right after our day at the fair. (Big day) Anyway, while we were at the fair, one of the helpers in the library tent saw Katie's t-shirt and asked if we were from Decorah. I said, no - but I grew up in a town near there. I never say "Waukon" because usually people don't know what I'm talking about. This lady goes on to say "Oh, well my husband and I go repelling near a little town called Waukon, and we camp in Yellow River Forest." I explained that Waukon was indeed my hometown and she remarks how much she loves the area and that it has great spots for repelling.

So there you go. Looking for something to do this weekend? Go repelling in Waukon.

No comments: