Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Running like the wind

Ok - maybe I don't run like the wind, but I don't fall over and trip. Given that this is my first summer of really running - ever, I'm happy I haven't given up yet. Now I know why I never ran in high school - it pretty much sucks and it's hard! Way more of a mental sport than I initially thought. It's hard to get past your mind telling you to "Stop, stop, stop, stop, walk, walk walk, just stop, why don't you stop?" Also - I'm a bit of a loud breather so I'm sure I bugging those around me. I curse the hills, and I mouth the words to all of my songs that I listen to. :)

Last weekend I did a 5k here in town. It was my second one, and my time improved about a minute. So, that's something, I guess. After I got done with my run, it was time for the kid's run. Katie and Will both ran .25 miles and got a medal for finishing. I was very proud of both - they sure ran their best!
















2 comments:

Shelley said...

I'm very proud of you. :-) Albeit a little jealous that you're actually running ... :-) Someday, my friend!

Deb said...

Well, this was at the finish line and I "finish strong". I still have my walking moments. ;) You'll note my face is a lot redder than that blonde chippee behind me.