Thursday, November 18, 2010

Giving Back

For the last 5 years we have bought Christmas presents for children in need. Just this past weekend I picked up the name of a 5 year old girl who had been removed from an abusive home recently and placed in foster care. Because the children are usually removed quickly and immediately - they only have the clothes on their back.

The name comes with her "wish list", needed items, and sizes. So far we have been able to pick up a Littlest Pet Shop Play set, a new shirt and crayons. I'd also like to get her a new hat, mittens, underwear, and maybe a coloring book or two.

So when you are in the stores this season - pick up an extra $10 gift if you can. It may help make a child smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Already do! and the hospital sponsors two families each year and we provide most if not all gifts for those families each year. That is what Christmas is for!

Denise

Anonymous said...

I do too, I have always bought a gift of a child same age as Jamie, and now that she is 18 I am starting over again, it is like I am buying her a gift every year.....Operation Santa...

this is what Christmas is about...

Janet