Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A thankful moment

This morning I was wrapping up the Christmas presents for the little girl whose name we got at church.  When I was in the basement looking for a box, I saw some books that had been put away to donate to the library.  Looking through the stack I found 4-5 books that any 5 year old would like.  I also saw a few stuffed animals that Katie had been playing with recently.  Hmmm.....

I took one small one upstairs to ask Katie if we could give it to another little girl.  I explained that this little girl probably didn't have anything to sleep with at night.  She had to leave all of her toys and stuffed animals at her old home, and it may have made her very sad.

Stuffed animals are like gold to Katie.  She is very protective of them - has names and ages for them all.  Some are related, some are students, etc.  As Katie thought about it, I got ready for her argument as to why she shouldn't give it away. 

Katie was quiet, and then asked "Well, do you think I could give her more?" 

So Katie found 2 stuffed animals to give away, and made me one proud mommy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you Katie auntie Janet is proud of you too, some little girl is going to be a happy girl at Christmas time, you are a little angel that little girl needs. I hope some day you will be able to meet this girl....

love you
Aunt Janet

Anonymous said...

Katie, that was so nice; you made a little girl very happy.

Love you guys and happy Thanksgiving!

Jamie

Stefanie said...

That is nice thing. That little girl now has a little something special this holiday season.